Friday 31 January 2014

30 days Challenge

Inspired by My close friend (who did not succeed) & many others who wrote on the 30 day challenge, I set forth on this challenge on a experimental basis. Eager to encounter the challenges in following a routine, I wanted to write how it all happened or why it did not happen.

The day was 31st Dec 2013 when the list was made. That wasn't hard. I had the liberty to choose what I would want to do everyday for the next thirty days.
  • Exercise for at least 20mins
  • Post a Post on My blog
  • Drink at least 4litres of Water
  • Control My Temper (not to loose at any circumstance)
 In no order of priority:-

Exercise for at least 20mins: Googled & prepared a basic workout regime for every day of the week. As it has happened in the past, you wake up to exercise but feel lethargic because your mind cannot suggest any workout for that day. Twice this happens & you give-up. The heaviest lift was getting My ass off the bed. Because I was fasting on one day & another day when My Daughter was unwell & awake the whole night, I couldn't exercise. But yes, the thought that I did not exercise remained throughout the day. The mind was almost winning on days when I went late to bed, mostly because I would watch television. The moment I realized this, I gave up watching late night television programs (there is always a replay).

I feel fitter than before & as anticipated have increased my weight by 2kilos :) The goal is to get a six pack before 31st Dec 2014 & increase My bulk by another 8 kilos.

Post a Post on My Blog: Everyday brings hundreds of incidents worth dropping to your treasure box. And no better way than writing it. Idle mind is the devils workshop & I must admit, all crazy thoughts would run in them & I had to spend less than 15 minutes to compose, edit & publish them on My blog. This was fun (giggling as I recollect the moments of writing). There was the weekends when so much would happen & I was lazy to open My laptop. I would then make brief notes on my cellphone & the next day would get to writing. Everyday is not Sunday, so there were a couple of days when I couldn't manage the time well & missed on writing. On a few days, I would start the draft & after being interrupted would lose focus & push it to some other day.

Overall in the last thirty days, I have published 26 posts & you bet, I'm proud of it!

Control My Temper: This was a easy win. Since I exercised every day, looks like I de-stressed all the violence hidden beneath. I did not get angry with any of the family members. I did not frown or curse on fellow riders on the road. At work, I maintained a smiling face.

I'm certainly not a bad tempered man :)

Drink at least 4litres of Water: The only challenging task after exercising was this. The frequent visits to the washroom became a habit (don't bother about others minding it). Initially it is irritating for self to do so many rounds, it is a fear of some sort that you have to conquer.

I'm confident of a longer life span now!

To begin with I had My own apprehension on whether this is possible, am I committing to failure & is it doable. To pump Myself, watched inspirational videos on youtube.com on how people have overcome their fears, achieved their dreams & asked myself "How Bad Do You Want It" ?. I had to take steps towards what I wanted to achieve, I had to push & punish My mind when it told me a 'NO', I HAD TO DO IT.

For the next thirty days, I'm looking at:
  • Exercise for more than 30mins
  • Drink at least 4litres of Water
  • Post a Post on My Blog
  • Read at least Five Pages of anything
I shall continue to ask myself  "How Bad Do You Want It" ?





2 comments: