Friday 17 January 2014

When Dad finally asked...

I am 34 years & 3 months and what happened today was surprising, made me feel good and there was a hidden lesson which I'm glad to have read and hope to maintain forever.

My Father has always been in the habit of giving, proactive to the core, never missed an errand, never shopped for self & till date hasn't asked "I want this". He is a duty bound individual for whom it's always about responsibility as a Father, Husband, Friend and a relative. Mother would only tell the groceries needs to be looked at, He would instantly do a survey, prepare the list in His mind and within hours the store room would be full with everything that Mom would need. When it comes to finance, He is the Best, rushes to the bank without any delay to deposit and questions if it is really necessary to withdraw if He has to. His mantra for savings has been simple "go running to the bank if you have to deposit & crying if you have to withdraw". The electricity bill is delivered at 1100 hours and by 1130 hours He would have paid the same.

LEGEND - My Father

While we were having a casual conversation this evening, He asked "Doni (that's what He calls me) I need a track suit with pockets". For a moment I could not believe my own ears, this was the first time He has asked me or anybody for something. I immediately took His specifications and it was the greatest pleasure - buying Him what He has asked.

What would have the Man felt? who never asked anyone for anything, to ask for something. I don't know the reasons nor do i want to know, but the immense joy in being felt responsible from my Father is the greatest reason to celebrate. I too shall strive hard to walk in His footsteps, be independent, be caring, always have an escape route (that's what He says) and proactively assume responsibility towards everything in life.

I DON'T NEED A LEGEND TO FOLLOW, I HAVE BEEN RAISED BY ONE!





No comments:

Post a Comment