Monday 13 January 2014

Things I've Paused, not sure why...

As a kid & over the years, I ventured into a lot of fields, developed them as hobbies, pursued for a while, then shelved them, moved onto chase something else & this cycle just doesn't seem to STOP... Is this the reason why I am a jack of all trades? Did I miss something big by doing so & if YES, what I may have missed?

Philately: One of the first hobbies that I remember, collected a large number of stamps, made my own stamp album, exchanged with my friends at school. From 1995 to 2002 almost no activity. When I joined Railways, I opened the album again. My Sister gifted me stamp albums. Joined a philately club in Hubli & actively participated in a couple of meetings. With the philately account opened, I received new stamps as they were released and I continued to received them even after I quit Railways.  Sometime in 2007, I neatly arranged them in a photo album and thus ended this hobby.
But, has it stopped my interest in Philately? I still collect them, browse for sellers of stamps & feel excited when I look at some collections (though I'm not placing them in the album).

When I started collecting as a kid, I wanted to be the greatest philatelist. Though satisfied with my collection, I am not the greatest yet... but I still have time.

Poems: Ah!, it's an experience and I am proud of what I have composed. Hundreds of them, a few published online and the last one was composed sometime in 2010. I feel, I could have churned this better, continued as a poet and had oceans of opportunity to pen down a lot that I have let go. With easier publishing options today, I can sure make myself proud, if I continue...

Sketches: Fascinated by seeing the pencil sketches, wanted to give it a shot and I must say, I did sketch a couple of master pieces (Swami Vivekananda & Bhagat Singh) without any formal training. Piled up a lot of copies that I wanted to sketch but never did. I still browse for pencil sketching material online, have downloaded the tutorials on how to sketch and WAITING FOR THE TIME knowing that I have to make time...


Paper Models: Started with the help of my consultant in AOL. Made a wonderful fighter plane, helicopter, air base, WWII war areas and that was it. Have a lot of ideas and it is hanging in the most active part of the brain...

Blogging: When my friend introduced blogging, it was big. Wanted to capture almost everything that has happened in life so far and dreamt of the real open book Autobiography. I know what I have missed and will complete it in this life time...

A lot more that I have kissed just ONE time are Photography, Adventure Sports, Long Rides... all in anticipation of the good times to come.

Oh Lord! My Bucket List is almost done -wish me good luck.





1 comment:

  1. Everyone has a story to tell. It is just amazing how we human beings evolve and continue to evolve!

    ReplyDelete