Friday 10 January 2014

A Friends response on returning good times back

September 1997- December 2000, the Best years of my Life.  Lived in a paradise called MICO Vocational Center. Sixty of us split into two batches with a Trade of our own. We were trained like horses or should I say horses were trained after MVC. We had to master the trade, the skills, the fine touch of handling the machine tools and LEARN TO LIVE.

It was always a Team, be it feasting in the canteen, or munching on the snacks on theory days or sweating it out on the shop floor. It was all about living & learning every moment in MVC. Forever bonds were built, cherished and assured to last a lifetime. Though we are all in our own fields today, it just seems like we spoke last night when we meet. I know when in need, my MVC friends will be there.

This post references to Aug 25th 2006, six years after we ate our last meal in the MICO canteen. Rajesh K was coming back home after completing his project in Germany. He calls me from Frankfurt airport & asks, "Kashi, what can I get for you?", I replied, "wish you could bring back those wonderful moments again". Our conversation ended with a formal bye & see you soon. On reaching Bangalore, he calls me for a meeting, we spoke for hours & when it was time to say 'bye', he silently reaches out to his bag & gives me this beautiful gift with the words I can never forget "I could not bring back the wonderful moments but I have brought a watch to remind you of our friendship & the wonderful moments".

Gifted by Rajesh K, Chronograph Date Day & 24 hours

13 years ON, our MVC gang has stayed intact & in touch. Venu Gopal surprised me with another watch saying, there was a good discount at HMT and I thought of you.

Gifted by Venu Gopal, Mechanical Automatic Date display
Feels like it was DESTINY to be a part of MVC, to have gained love, friendship and trustworthy souls to spend the rest of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment