Thursday 23 January 2014

No More "Dream - Platform 13"

Had started this Label "Dream - Platform 13" back in March 2009 hoping to capture the details of my Dreams. Even brought a book "Dreams & their significance", read "Interpretation of Dreams" by Sigmund Freud, I was all inspired.

Used to place a note pad & a pen next to my pillow to jot down what I dreamt. Did that for a couple of days after which I had this terrifying dream that I actually woke up sweating & crying. Called up my Father who was at work at 0400 Hrs.

Everyday I dream, sometimes I wake up to use the bathroom & when I go back to sleep, the dream continues, I dream several images & stories every night and this happens only when I sleep on the bed upstairs (irrespective of the position of my head). My wife suggested we visit a psychiatrist, but I feel it is no disorder. I have been having dreams - that's all.

My Father's tone was calm as always, it was me who was in shock. I told him about the dream where He had passed away & I woke up sweating & crying. His calm composed reply is etched in my brain, "Death is certain". He did not speak anything else, asked me to go back to sleep & when he returned home, he did not speak about it nor has he till date.

Thus ended the dream diary, however, I still think how could a Man be so calm & composed when His son calls him at 0400 Hrs crying & his only response ""Death is certain".






2 comments:

  1. In my dreams, I feel there is a lot of confused thoughts, some events mixed up with irrelevant people... I think subconscious mind replays our strong emotions and in doing so, different things gets mixed up. Till today, occasionally I get a dream in which I would miss the exam because of traffic jam and I would be completely sweating when I wake up.... 12 years after my last exam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shashi, am researching now on how to have a clear subconscious :)

      Delete