Wednesday 8 January 2014

Mailbox Cleansing - Herculean Task

Brain, Head, Eyes & Fingers started to hurt when I decided on cleaning the personal mailboxes. Having unlimited access to the internet since 2004 with emails as the primary means of communication, over the last 10years they have piled up much beyond what I thought it would be & most of which I could not relate to.

From the basic folders, many more custom folders were created in anticipation that I would need them one day.

Why did I want to clean the mail boxes?
  • Would be easier to locate the mail that I'm looking for with lesser mails
  • Free up my cyber space
  • Permanently delete the ones which are worth deleting
  • Reorganize based on the current lifestyle
  • Makes me feel good that I'm organized
  • Wanted to see my progress
I started with a basic sorting From & Subject. Though this helped me clear ~40%, for the rest, I had to open the mail, attachments & then delete. My brain was under constant pressure to quickly decide if I would ever need that mail again and would it make me happier reading the same when I'm old.

Must say it was a walk down the memory lane, I giggled, laughed, frowned, on a few grew angry, sad and was frustrated. It showed me the change in my personality, thoughts and what Life is all about. What was once considered the only way had lost its way, had to try hard to put a picture to the names of those who were once dearer, people had moved on & so had I.





No comments:

Post a Comment