Friday 24 January 2014

Buffalo3.0 External Hard Drive - a journey to remember

Older times were good in it's own sweet ways, a film roll, rolling camera, skill to load the roll & every picture mattered. The excitement of waiting to develop the roll, neatly arranging the photos in the album, carrying it with you all the time, the only entertainment after television when friends & family visited home, the silent smiles & laughter when you're looking at it alone. Not to forget the long wait in owning a camera at home.

But not any longer, my adventure with the digital camera began when my Brother-in-Law gifted a Sony Cybershot 3.2 MP when he returned from the United States of America. With a 512 MB memory card, I felt like I had so much power and this changed every occasion in life. I wouldn't step from my home without My Digital Camera, be it a simple function or a vacation.



Tons of photographs, loads of memories & with it came the fear of loosing them. Though burnt to the CD-ROM at 16x speed, titled & arranged in the CD leather pouch. The fear of loosing still remained. The number of CD's only kept increasing, editing was challenging and the maintenance got tougher, though I lived with the slow speed in loading the pictures to the computer.

Booom! what was once expensive was now affordable - the external hard drive. Ranging from 1 GB to TB's, decided on 1TB for the time being and luckily there was a sale on ebay. Ordered for a Buffalo3.0 Ministation 1TB for 3500 INR which was delivered on the second day. The task on hand was huge & there was a rush to transfer everything from the CD-ROM (like CD's were about to die in a day). The task was not as easy as I had thought, had to be specific in the folders created for easy access & sharing. It was a sigh of relief, a smile & a feeling of accomplishment.

Will it end here is the question.... I know the cloud is out there to scare me further, dig into my pocket, force me to evolve & rejoice when it's all in cloud. I'll be on Cloud Nine !



No comments:

Post a Comment