Thursday 6 February 2014

Life is but a Race Horse

Unique We are
Being Born or Being Born to die but what a race ahead to win. No one wants to be a failure yet we give up hopes, dreams to be shattered by time & a winning race lost. How I wish I raced for myself, the true myself? Often than not, we fail even before the race begins, not that you were any weaker but the thought of your enemy being stronger. Weakness is Death & certain it is. We train & train, for, one day we know we will be tested in mind, body & soul. We do what we believe is the best, we give everything we have, I run like it is my last race & there I stand to be judged. The long years of training takes a toll, the merciless riders & their whips, the cheering crowd who then spell a curse & at the end of the hard days labor, I retire to the lonely stable & dine alone. Don't you want to see me running alone ? like I do in my dreams, cheer & make merry that I'm still running & never let you notice the torn shoe at my feet. I beg, not to sell me to a butcher, nor in my old age be the beast of burden... remember the fine horse that I once was, the innocence of whom the world stole away. You threw challenges higher with every day. I was running to live & yes! I lived to run free. What you are is your destiny but why compare? Life is unique & let it be. I want to run, not a race but a run for joy, I seek no glory nor promise you of one, let us live in joy, share the joy & die in joy of being there to shed a tear when you leave & return from the grave with the joy of being born to witness a life so beautiful !



No comments:

Post a Comment