Saturday 5 January 2008

“ UNEXPLAINED “

Lovely seat of sand,
shade of the coconut tree,
grains of sand in My hand,
eyes lost on the pleasant waves.

There I sat, not to think of life,
but of the beauty, that lay ahead of Me.
The surf of the sea, bringing life in Me.
was it an illusion?, was it a reality?

There emerged from the sea,
a beautiful girl, Oh! was out of Me.
the curves, the cleavage,
diamonds dripping off Her body.

Eyes that were seducing-
driving passions at Me.
was it a love at first sight?
or, was it the lust thrown at Me?

I lost the sight of sunset,
chillness surrounded Me.
Eyes that were inviting,
the smile, Oh! that did kill Me.

It all happened as a dream,
Her smile, the only thing I remember.
Her heart beats next to Mine.
The next thing I remember, stars smiling at Me.

Days turned to weeks & weeks to months,
the beach had become a paradise.
There was love in the air,
the sea stood a silent witness.

The stars, the waves, the breeze-froze,
as We exchanged Our wedding vows.
Now as I write this, there She comes,
Oh! She’s got that smile again,

I’M SORRY, I’VE TO DROP THE PEN AGAIN ; )

19/02/2006
19:45 Hrs

1 comment:

  1. Mitra, Looks like you're publishing your poetry online. Good work! I read all of them, and found a common thread running through all/most of them: You're dreaming that someone will come and rescue you...are you still waiting for someone or missing that person? I think it's the latter!

    ReplyDelete