Friday 4 January 2008

“ FUNERAL “

Thus let Me be buried;
Amongst the common grave-
No colourful petals be thrown,
Nor sounds of trumpet be heard.

Let no stone be laid
To burden My heart,
No epitaph be carved
To praise My glories.

Build no tomb
To imprison My soul.
Nor visit My grave often
To depress Me more.

I! foresee now, the tears,
Of My beloved ones.
A few standing by My grave,
Still, silent & tears full.

Cry not! I shout,
But heard in vain.
Less mournful tears
Should drop from Naveen’s eye.

The body is gone,
Gone to decay with the living.
The spirit’s still high
That floats on the wind.

Cry not! when I’m gone away,
Hold no occasion to remember Me.
Let Me lie in peace with Death,
No more battles with Life-

NO MORE WINGS TO FLY.
27/02/2003
00:05 Hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment