Thursday 24 January 2013

Obsession to Life - the call center (Part II)

The foundation: As mentioned in Part I, Steven Bunyan was the leading light. I was eagerly waiting for the first break of the first day of process training. He was a keen listener and understanding the gravity of my situation, with a smile he says "chill out, it's easy". I volunteered to stay back post training and I was practicing on the simulations. Within two weeks I had memorized the screen shots of windows 95 to 2000 & XP. I read extensively on howstuffswork.com to understand what is ethernet, modem, firewall, router and a whole lot of technical terms discussed in the training. My confidence level slowly but steadily rose with the hot seat role plays.

The first call: The beep windows tech though familiar makes you conscious that it's live and there is no room for error. I was confident and thanks to all the practice sessions - I MADE IT, a first time fix on the call. The unparallelled thirst to excel made every call interesting and thus began the great journey - life on the phone!

The climb: 

 
Perseverance with unmatched dedication creates a vision. From being trained, I was a buddy to the new hires in the team, I started conducting crew briefs, participated in technical discussions, became a training assistant and I had in six months forgotten that vishwanath2k4@aol.com was my first email address. Self baffled that I was conducting back to back process trainings - it was giant leap.

It's essential to be irrationally brutal to the dreams to make it come true. I was the succession plan of my superiors. Fortune favors the brave who with their undaunted discipline pave the way & build structures of steel. 

You are as good as your number is: Life is not about survival but of performance. At various stages, the call center throws open different challenges and the reward always goes to the supreme creed of men. A million methodologies fail when you are dealing with the minds & hearts of people. Self-righteous lead their teams to glory while the faint hearted heed to the miseries of the minds and  dwell in the glories of the past.

Treasured Success & Material gain: Every promotion was a celebration and heavens cheer when you break your own records. I carry the experience of handling 40,000 odd calls and managing hundreds of consultants, tens of team leaders and chasing service levels & metrics.

My Sister's wedding was extravagant, a property in Mysore, an apartment in Bangalore, a 29" Samsung television, a Sony Bravia LED, home appliances, furniture, domestic and international vacation with my family, my own wedding and a prized possession - My Royal Enfield!

Sincere heartfelt gratitude to my team mates, my coaches, senior coaches and managers for recognizing the hidden leader in me and providing an opportunity to deliver world class customer service. 

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 3, Verse 25: As those who know not act with attachment to the action, he who knows should act without attachment, having for his motive to hold together the peoples.

Thanks & Love you All !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment