Saturday 7 April 2007

Idu "MVC" Balaga

Idu " MVC " balagada ondu thunuku :-


Year 1997 September opens a new file in the lives of 60 youths & they are heading towards the toughest of all the Camps--THE MICO VOCATIONAL CENTER.


They were split into 2 groups--of course they had to, too tough to handle the gang. Introduction to the camp was just a formal way of telling--U R FRAMED & now when I sit back & think I've been framed I'm so very much capable, that I fear no wind & I'm game for any challenge that life may bring ahead.


Strict Schedules & the rough routine made Us all tough day by day & we knew not what failure was. Initially the wire bending,sawing,filing & hammering really hammered Us all & Our hands would hurt really bad.Those were the moulding days of youth & We were moulded to be the best. Every day that passed by taught Us all something new in the Technical field & still ahead of Us lay the ocean which was undiscovered. Whatever the trades were , Coffee time was a Uniting time to plan conspiracy , games , gossip , plan trips & above all imitate the inmates of the camp. Theory classes were the best when it came to gambling & planning Our picnics & well I've another blog in the making with the photographs.


Lunch --- Oh My God , My mouth waters at the thought of Mico food.3 years of delicious meal , unforgettable till My death & the story would still continue. The idea of secularism must have had its roots when people sat together for food.MVC was a junction when it was lunch time. Back in the camp , days went by in all shifts & slowly it was an army by itself---everybody for anybody , sharing thoughts , laughter , sorrow & joy.


It was a family with such strong bond that even now as I write this , My brothers who are present all over the world would be thinking of those glorious moments of life. Do I call them as Instructors who trained us or do I call them as Dictators ? --- I don't know but for sure they have shown Us how to handle life & how best to handle the tools. The last day at the camp was probably the worst feared one --- & most of Our eyes were full.


364 days multiplied by 3 again multiplied by the the moment would give so many instances of joy & sorrow that I think every time You pen down an instance it's going to be a new one." MVC " --- the name that makes You think , the name that speak's it all !!!


Check out a few pics on this link :-
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BbuXLFm2ZsWGE

4 comments:

  1. haha, nice one maga.. was always looking for the pics of my MVC team though many of them are missing, but yes itz a very good memory lane..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Splendid, bravo, you have taken the words from my heart, really hats off to the dictators or instructors who have guided us into handling life and tools,those nostalgic moments just brings tears why did it get over so fast, well good things have to come an end,that the nature's rule,Hope the sixty musketeer would be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maga its really true to have good Instructors and Friends like you.

    Holu kashi swalpa holu bedodu kami maddu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kashi i really liked this i really went back 9 years behind. i really miss the mico food .keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete