Tuesday 13 March 2012

Savings for a cause


I found this candy box in Aegis cafeteria at the tea stall very attractive & after a word with James (shop keeper), he gave it to me once the box was empty. I had such a liking to the shape of the box, wanted to put it to good use.


Installed it next to Sai Baba’s idol in my room & whenever I got coins as balance for anything that I purchased, I started dropping it in this box. I think I had this box installed sometime in March 2010 & it was in October 2011 that the box was full with coins & a few notes.


Vidya wanted to count the currency on my Birthday – the 17th Of October. Dad & Vidya sat down for the task & it took them an hour to count & re-count for confirmation. The total was 2500 INR.


It was as though all our minds were tuned to the same frequency by some unknown force – the three of us wanted to use that money to help someone in need. We decided we will donate that to Harohalli School for the differently able children  & on Children’s day, the 14th of November, I & Dad attended the children’s day celebration at the school & donated the money for a cause.

I would like to thank my parents who taught me the practical way of “sharing is caring” & my Wife who reciprocates the frequency of my mind. I am happy that a small saving was used for a good cause & promised myself to continue the exercise till as far as I can.

2 comments:

  1. December 22nd 2012 - the amount in the box was 1856 Rupees... this was donated towards the building fund of Skanda's new school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April 5th 2014 - the amount in the box was 1312 Rupees... rounded at 1500 + 2500 donated to Samarthanam

    ReplyDelete