Thursday 11 March 2010

Freaky Railway Quarters (17)

Note : Railway Diaries follows the Number on the Post Title
 
A gang of five(Parashuram,Nooka Raju,Subba Rao,Seshagiri Rao) at a private house at the start of the journey at Hubli was reduced to two by the end of 12 months. Myself and Seshagiri were left and found it was not worth paying that much of a rent and using our influence got ourselves a railway quarter.

Nothing of special mention on the first few days except the only question by our neighborhoods - how did you like the house? We did not know if they were asking out of concern or curiosity. We hardly lived there. It was a resting place at the head quarters and we cooked seldom. While thus was our lives, we had a new entry called Raju who had got a job in shed in compensation for his father's demise at railways.

We thought it would also act as a security to the worthless utensils that we had in our quarter.As days passed by we encountered a few incidents which were not normal.


One night when myself and Raju were sleeping, in the middle of the night I saw Raju standing in front of me and staring at me. Not sure why ? I stretched my hands and felt Raju sleeping next to me. When I looked back the image had disapperaed.

A few days passed by where myself and Seshagiri did not meet each other. One afternoon when we were having lunch , Seshsagiri started describing the same incident and when I mentioned I too had a similar experience we were stunned.

Then we did a little bit of investigation with the neighborhood and got to know that a woman had commited suicide in the toilet of that quarter and since then whoever came to that place vacated in a very short time.
We did not have that much of patience to shift elsewhere,hence we continued to live on.... Only care that we took was when we were not around we had asked Raju to sleep in the opposite quarter with a friendly family.

This was truly a freaky incident and I should say I loved that experience too...

No comments:

Post a Comment