Friday 15 August 2008

Independence Day - 2008



Life's little changes and the ways to reinvent self never stops and in rare circumstances like the one which happened to Vishwanath -- extends for time indefinite. But all that has to come to an end and I'd rather say " Good Morning " than " Good Night ".
Today being the 61st Year of Independence , I was trying hard to trace My Memory back to the farthest childhood moments that I could and as I always believed I could remember it all quite very well.
May not be a pleasant journey but for sure I have enjoyed the Freedom of choice , Freedom to speak my heart out , Freedom to travel to destination unknown , Freedom to be self and above all Freedom from the bonds of misery.
Slowly I returned to the world around at present and marriage being the word of all seasons , questioned myself " Hey Vish , are you independent and do you really have the time to celebrate Independence Day ? " Guess what - Yes I did and was also excited like the good old school days. The sequence of events today as follows , I was at work doing a refresher on tools and troubleshooting and just before the clock struck 00:00 Hrs wished the floor a Happy Independence Day , reached home at 09:00 Hrs , slept untill 12:00 hrs , had lunch with Mother , changed the orkut photo to that of Bhagat Singh , renamed the title from " closer to vengeance " to " Vande Mataram " and that's when I thought let me also see what my friends and relatives have to say about freedom.
I sent an SMS to all " Happy Independence Day ! If you're married ignore the message ". The responses that I recieved were strange - there was Rashmi who replied ( Ayyo Katte ) , Manju my cousin ( Kya idea sirji ) , AnanthaKrishna my uncle ( I cordially reciprocate da 1st half of ur sms ! ) , Drun my manager ( wrong person vish...Am still celebrating :) ) , StephenErnest my manager ( Lol.. )
So , different people different meanings for independence , some happy to say I'm independent and a few i'm in dependence and a whole lot who smile and say I don't know , but are lost in thought.
I don't want to discuss or dispute the political affairs or the economic progress that my country has made over the last 61 years.Apart from being a good citizen who obeys the traffic rules and honestly declares the income tax I haven't contributed in any way to the betterment of my country.That's the Truth and I close this post by saying " Let Truth Prevail ".

1 comment: